Featured Data and Software Resources
- Mojavset: Spatial decision support for analyzing proposed solar energy development in the California Mojave Desert (zipped R scripts, geospatial data, user manual). 348 megabyte zipped archive via ftp here.
- Plant species distribution models, DRECP species of concern, California Deserts, including climate projections, version Feb 2014 (via Data Basin)
- Animal species distribution models, DRECP species of concern, California Deserts, including climate projections, version Feb 2014 (via Data Basin)
- Bioclimate grids, 270 m, historical and mid-century projects, for California Deserts (DRECP), version Feb 2014 (via Data Basin)
- Geodatabase: Mapping compatibility to minimize biodiversity impacts of solar energy development in California deserts (via Mojave Desert Ecosystem Program)
Welcome to The Biogeography Lab
Fremier, A.K, M. Kiparsky, S. Gmur, J. Aycrigg, R.K. Craig, L.K. Svancara, D.D. Goble, B. Cosens, F.W. Davis, and J.M. Scott. 2015. A riparian conservation network for ecological resilience. Biological Conservation 191: 29–37.
Nogeire, T., F.W. Davis, K.R. Crooks, B.H. McRae, L.M. Lyren, and E.E. Boydston. 2015. Can orchards help connect Mediterranean ecosystems? Animal movement data alter conservation priorities. American Midland Naturalist 173: 107-118.
Anderegg, W.R.L., A.L. Flint, C. Huang, L. Flint, J.A. Berry, F.W. Davis, C.B. Field. A tree hydraulic threshold predicts severity and distribution of widespread, climate-induced forest die-off . 2015. Nature Geoscience 8: 367–371.
Chornesky et al. 2015. Adapting California's ecosystems to a changing climate. Bioscience 65:247-262.
Kreitler, J., D.M. Stoms, and F.W. Davis. 2014. Optimization in the utility maximization framework for conservation planning: a comparison of solution procedures in a study of multifunctional agriculture. PeerJ 2:e690 http://dx.doi.org/10.7717/peerj.690
Davis et al. 2013. Cumulative Biological Impacts Framework for Solar Energy Projects in the California Deserts. California Energy Commission Final Report CEC-500-2015-062. Sacramento, CA.