Featured Data and Software Resources
- Mojavset: Spatial decision support for analyzing proposed solar energy development in the California Mojave Desert (zipped R scripts, geospatial data, user manual). 348 megabyte zipped archive via ftp here.
- Plant species distribution models, DRECP species of concern, California Deserts, including climate projections, version Feb 2014 (via Data Basin)
- Animal species distribution models, DRECP species of concern, California Deserts, including climate projections, version Feb 2014 (via Data Basin)
- Bioclimate grids, 270 m, historical and mid-century projects, for California Deserts (DRECP), version Feb 2014 (via Data Basin)
- Geodatabase: Mapping compatibility to minimize biodiversity impacts of solar energy development in California deserts (via Mojave Desert Ecosystem Program)
Welcome to The Biogeography Lab
Jetz , W. et al. 2016. Monitoring plant functional diversity from space. Nature Plants 2: 1-5.
Clarke, J.S., et al. 2016. The impacts of increasing drought on forest dynamics, structure, and biodiversity in the United States. Global Change Biology, DOI: 10.1111/gcb.13160.
Evans, D.M. et al. 2016. Species Recovery in the United States: Increasing the Effectiveness of the Endangered Species Act. Issues in Ecology 20, Ecological Society of America.
McCullough, I.M. F.W. Davis, J.R. Dingman, J.M. Serra-Diaz, L.E. Flint, A.L. Flint, J.M. Serra-Diaz, A.D. Syphard, M.A. Moritz, L. Hannah, and J. Franklin. High and dry: high elevations disproportionately exposed to regional climate change in Mediterranean-climate landscapes. Landscape Ecology early online 11/2015; DOI:10.1007/s10980-015-0318-x.
Kreitler J., Schloss C.A., Soong O., Hannah L., and F.W. Davis. 2015. Conservation Planning for Offsetting the Impacts of Development: A Case Study of Biodiversity and Renewable Energy in the Mojave
Desert. PLoS ONE 10(11): e0140226. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0140226.
Fremier, A.K, M. Kiparsky, S. Gmur, J. Aycrigg, R.K. Craig, L.K. Svancara, D.D. Goble, B. Cosens, F.W. Davis, and J.M. Scott. 2015. A riparian conservation network for ecological resilience. Biological Conservation 191: 29–37.
Nogeire, T., F.W. Davis, K.R. Crooks, B.H. McRae, L.M. Lyren, and E.E. Boydston. 2015. Can orchards help connect Mediterranean ecosystems? Animal movement data alter conservation priorities. American Midland Naturalist 173: 107-118.
Anderegg, W.R.L., A.L. Flint, C. Huang, L. Flint, J.A. Berry, F.W. Davis, C.B. Field. A tree hydraulic threshold predicts severity and distribution of widespread, climate-induced forest die-off . 2015. Nature Geoscience 8: 367–371.